Saturday, July 7, 2012

visiting Charleston

After moving to Greenville, Paul and I decided we needed a vacation. So we drove to Charleston to spend a few days at the condo relaxing and a few days with my parents, and then my sister and Henry at their place.

It was wonderful. Utterly, wonderful.

Paul and I visited one of "our spots" - the Pitt Street Bridge where he proposed. We walked for a little while and then took out the camera and new tripod so we could experiment taking evening pictures.


Paul took this picture. He's getting good with the camera!


My parents bought a juicer! Probably one of the coolest gadgets out there! They make two juices for lunch every day now (I know... so healthy I LOVE it!). One is a green juice and one is a fruit juice.  Surprisingly filling and amazingly delicious!


Green - spinach, kale, carrots, pineapple, apple, and lemon zest
Fruit - peach, watermelon, raspberry, blueberry, pineapple, and lime zest


I made these very patriotic rice krispie sparklers - thank you Pinterest - to celebrate the 4th of July. We also had BBQ pork, quinoa salad, cole slaw, and an assortment of chips and fruit.


LOVED spending time with Henry. He ADORES his Papa. I love this picture. Henry, who is usually cruising anywhere and everywhere and getting into everything now that he can walk, is sitting criss-cross with his hands in his lap just staring up in amazement at my Dad. It's so cute!


14 months!! I think he looks just like Mera did when she was little.


My mom made some baked oatmeal breakfast muffins - SO good! Gotta get this recipe and post it. It was certainly a keeper. And when you put Greek yogurt and fresh berries on top - to die for!


We had a great week! Like always, it was too short though. Hopefully now that we are back in SC we can go visit more often. The drive is easy and it's well worth every minute.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment