Friday, July 20, 2012

Ducks and Projects

The Reid's live next to a big pond in their neighborhood, so there are always ducks and geese around the house. We've even named a few of them! I don't mind the ducks too much, they're kinda cute, but can also be kinda annoying. But I really don't like the geese. I don't know why, but I just don't.


This is Francis

Some of the ducks have become bold, though. They are coming further into the yard, and even into the garage. That alone wouldn't be that bad, but they are coming in while we are in there, and then eating the cat's food.
These two are the worst - and they always come together. 



Sneaky, sneaky...

Paul's new friend!

This past week, Paul and I also began working on refinishing some of our furniture. We have a matching bedroom set for our master bedroom, but not a matching set for any guest bedroom, and instead of buying a whole new set of furniture, I was able to convince Paul to try to refurbish what we did have. We started with one of the beds that we had, and really liked how it turned out. I wasn't able to get any pictures of it though, yet. The dresser, which Paul had found at an estate sale last summer before moving, was in good condition and wasn't too hard to refinish.
 
These are the drawers. They were sanded, primed, painted, and got new hardware. 

This is the dresser minus the drawers before we started. It was pretty, but I just wanted something different...for the new house...that we don't have yet...but will hopefully get soon...hopefully...

Sanded, primed, and painted. 

It isn't quite finished yet. We painted everything white and will finish it by putting a glaze on top. The glaze will have a hint of brown in it, which when rubbed slightly off, will settle into the nooks and crannies and will give the aged appearance. I'll take a picture of it when's it's all the way done. So far it looks good. The new hardware looks great, too!

It was a long, strenuous project, but I still enjoyed it. I think it would be fun to keep going to estate sales and yard sales and finding old treasures just waiting for a face lift. 

God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment