Sunday, June 17, 2012

My first hero

Happy Father's Dad!

I have an amazing Father.

He is an example of a man who believes in and lives his life for Christ, and it is reflected in how he lives as a husband, father, worker, and servant.

Some of my greatest memories are from times when my father spent time with me and my sisters. Whether it was dressing up and going to Girl Scout Father-Daughter dances, dying Easter eggs at the kitchen table, being lifting up at Christmas to put the angel on the tree, building a playhouse and a tree house, rough-housing on the family room floor, or saying bed times prayers before being tucked in and getting 6 kisses - all systematically placed on the face. :)


My dad has always been there for me.


He was the first man I ever loved, and always will be. I was honored to have him walk me down the isle at my wedding.


He is an even more amazing Papa. I love watching him with Henry, and can't wait for my own kids to know him and love him.


And now he is following his dream and passion for wood work. He custom makes rocking chairs, kitchen islands, bathroom vanities, and lamps. I was fortunate to spend some time with him in his workshop, and to say I was impressed would be an understatement. It is incredible what he does.



I love you, Daddy. 
Happy Fathers Day

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment