Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Check in

It's been awhile. Honestly, not much has been going on here in Birmingham...at least not blog worthy, I guess.

Paul is working hard at the hospital, staying really busy, learning new things, and helping many people. He's started the process of looking for a job in South Carolina, so any extra prayers would be welcomed.

I'm still working at the church on Mondays and Fridays and babysitting Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The kids that I babysit for have found a special place in my heart and I will be sad to leave them in June. It's been fun to watch them grow over the past 7 months. It makes me look forward even more to having our own kids some day.

Here are just some fun things...

1. Over Christmas my mom pulled out some of my grandmother's old jewelry. My grandmother Moll died in 1998 when I was in the 8th grade. She was a wonderful woman and lived a full life. My sisters and I were able to pick some of her jewelry pieces that we would like to have. I wear them with honor. This is a ring that I picked. It has opal stones in them, which is my birthstone, and I just love it.



2. Last weekend Paul and I went to Nashville on Saturday to see my family. It was a quick trip up and back on Saturday, but we had a great time seeing everyone and spending the day together. Henry turned 9 months old this past week, which is crazy to think about! He's getting so big and is such a sweet little boy.




3. I have discovered Plum Amazins! These are so good! I put them on my Greek Yogurt in the morning for breakfast instead of raisins, and it's pure goodness in a bowl! Compared to raisins and cranberries, they have 50% more fiber, 20% fewer calories, and 50% less sugar!

4. I'm running again. But this time, I'm tackling the hills behind and around my apartment. Not an easy task. Sometimes I just have to keep telling myself to keep moving. This mornings run was 4.83 miles, with an elevation change of almost 300 feet. It may not sound like a lot, but trust me, you can feel every step up! I may not be walking tomorrow.

5. I'm reading a lot. Big surprise there.

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

A Severe Mercy by Sheldon Vanauken


Matched and Crossed by Ally Condie

6. I am loving this amazing weather! We've had 60s and sunny for a while now, and even the trees are starting to bloom! It's beautiful! I know the groundhog saw his shadow, which usually means 6 more weeks of winter, but if it means 6 more weeks of this weather, I'm fine with that! 

7. Valentines Day came early! I'm speechless. Truly without words. Except for Thank You! I love you, Paul. 


I hope you are doing well. 

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment