Thursday, January 30, 2014

the little things...

I always knew having a baby would change my life forever. And it has in more ways than one. But every way is a blessing beyond measure. I can't imagine our lives without Hudson anymore. He is the center of everything now, it seems; which is completely fine with me. If you've met this little boy, you know what I mean! He's the sweetest, happiest, most content baby I've met, and like I've said before, he brings more joy into our lives and our home than we could have ever hoped for.

So not only has he taken over our hearts, but he's also kinda taken over the house! Not even 6 months old and there are traces of him everywhere, which honestly, I love. It truly just makes my heart happy to see him every where! Its like little reminders of him and his sweet personality in every room.

I love walking into our house and seeing his stuff lying around - this is now a family home, not just a young married couple home.

Our table is Hudson Central - his bouncy seat sits at one end so he can watch us when we're in the kitchen, and his car seat is at the other (that's the easiest place to get him in and out of it).
 He has his own chair for his coats, sandwiched in-between a chair for mine and a chair for Paul's
 Bibs and burp cloths are any where and everywhere now! We/he is always seeming to need one or the other.

 He has his own little dish drying "grass". It fits perfectly on our counter right next to our drying mat.
 Doorways are no longer just for walking through. They are also perfect places to hang jumpy seats. This is probably one of Hudson's favorite places to hang out now! He loves being able to jump and spin and just laughs and laughs in it.
 Seating in chairs is optional - this one is reserved for Hudson's bags
 He has his own laundry detergent and stain remover - and plenty of laundry for it! It's amazing how someone so small can have so much laundry!
His clothes get laid out/hung up the night before school each day. He helps me choose what he wants to wear!
 His toys blend in with our things. "Sophie" moves all around the house now - she's quickly become a favorite toy for chewing (teeth may be coming soon!)
 Not to mention just finding his clothes strewn about here and there! Unfortunately that's mama's fault, not his! Hopefully he won't pick up that bad habit from me!

Each day with Hudson is a gift. I wouldn't trade the cleanest most organized and picture perfect house in all the world for what we have in our home.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment