Sunday, October 6, 2013

Back to School

Thank you for all your prayers last Thursday as I started back to school!

While it was a very difficult day for me, and I cried probably more than I should admit, I felt God's hand of peace and comfort all day long. I had so many texts from friends and family wishing me well and offering words of encouragement, as well as prayers. I am so grateful! Plus, my sweet husband surprised me with flowers delivered to the school! The power of prayer is amazing, and what an awesome God we serve who can comfort us when we truly need it!

This is going to be a good year at school! I was able to jump right back in and get settled quickly. Since the lead teacher (aka LT) will be out a couple hours each day for Reading Recovery, I have a little work to do with the kids (my long term sub didn't have much management I don't think). Thursday and Friday we got to know each other. Tomorrow the real work begins! We have a few boys who will give us a run for our money, and a few girls who will probably talk our ears off! So far, though, they are all really sweet kids, and since LT and I worked together last year, I think this will be a great year for us! While I hate leaving Hudson, at least I'm doing something I enjoy in an environment that supports emotional, young, new mothers with lots of hugs and encouragement.

First day of work - saying good bye to my little man. I kept this picture on my phone and looked at it all day!

Friday afternoon I came home to smiles!

This will be our first full week apart. Again, prayers would be appreciated. Leaving for two days was one thing, five will be hard, especially after being with him all day Saturday and Sunday. I don't think it will ever get easy - just easier, at some point.

I hope everyone is enjoying fall! I know we are!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment