Sunday, July 28, 2013

Nursery Reveal

Baby Reid's Nursery!!

This has been a long, difficult, process that has been evolving in my head since...well since long before I even knew I was pregnant. Probably since we started looking at houses when we moved here and each house we looked at, there had to be one room I could see/use as the nursery. This house had the perfect room for it, and up until a couple of months ago, the room sat empty and untouched, as we planned out what we wanted the baby's room to be.

I knew I wanted to use gray and white as the main colors, and then another color as an accent - originally that was going to be yellow. Paul got the walls ready, George and Leah painted them, and my Dad installed the chair rail.

BEFORE - a true blank canvas for us to work with!

PAINTED
 WITH CHAIR RAIL
That was the easy part. Next came bringing a vision and a dream to reality. Once again, Pinterest proves to be a blessing and curse. 

As I mentioned, I had wanted to do gray, white, and yellow, with the yellow coming mostly through the bedding and decorations. I tried searching Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby, Target, and Wal-Mart but couldn't find a bedding that matched the idea in my head. I found some sets through searching on-line, but unless I wanted to spend a small fortune to have them custom made, it wasn't going to work. So I decided to just pick a bedding set that I liked, and could hopefully make work. I actually switched bedding sets two or three times. Nothing seemed to fit the idea and dream I had for this nursery. 

Fast forward to the Greenville shower, and to my delight and surprise, one of the sweet hostesses had made a quilt that was GORGEOUS! It was exactly what I had in mind, and it would be bring everything together! It then became my drive for decorating the nursery. I was able to find some of the fabric she used in the quilt to make curtains, framed wall hangings, and hopefully a crib skirt. It doesn't have the yellow, but I love the various shades of grays and greens - even better than the yellow. 

Jana will be taking newborn pictures within a week or so of him being born, and those will go in the frames on the wall. In the middle is a board, wrapped in fabric, that will hold his name. Since it's still a surprise, we hung the board, and the letters are painted and tucked away, so we're just waiting for him to come so we can introduce him!
Easy curtains to make! I love the gray and white polka-dots!
The bookcase we got from an unfinished wood store in Anderson. All I had to do was prime and paint it.
Aunt Anna made this!
The changing table/dresser we found on Craigslist. It just needed a new coat of paint and some new pulls.
Frames from Goodwill, painted to match everything else, with fabric the same as in the quilt. 
And - TADA!!!
My dad finished the crib and delivered it on Friday! It's beyond gorgeous! And is just what we wanted. I am so honored and glad to have such an amazing gift in his room. Thank you, Dad!
That's also the inspiration quilt on the rails.

We played with where to put the crib and decided on this wall. Right now there isn't anything above the crib, but we know what we want to do and it shouldn't be too hard or difficult. 

So now all we need is baby boy!
I'll be 39 weeks on Wednesday - so the countdown is now in days, not weeks!! 10 days left as of today! Everything is going well. Maybe some small contractions, but nothing serious, regular, or remotely hinting of labor. He's definitely dropped, but according to what I've read, babies can drop 2-4 weeks before labor - so it's not a sign that labor will start any time soon. Please be praying for a healthy labor and delivery. My plan right now is to go as long/far as I can naturally, without any medication. We'll see! 

Love to all! And hopefully we'll be introducing baby boy soon! We're certainly ready!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment